Friday, September 12, 2008

Tagged!

I've been tagged! I thought this was so much fun, but it took forever to download all the images. I'll try not to be too embarassed. I did a quick tidy-up, but not near a thorough enough job.
Anyway, here it is:

1. Favorite pair of shoes? I actually have 3 pairs that I really like. If I'm grading on comfort, though, I'd pick the flip-flops.

2. Bathroom? This was the cleanest bathroom. Not the fanciest, but who really needs an elaborate environment to go to the bathroom?

3. Kitchen sink? Yes, this is the kitchen sink. *blush* The dishes weren't done yet. We actually have 2 sinks, but this is the most used.
This is the other sink built into the island.
4. What are your kids doing now? Well, me and all my youngsters are watching TLC's "What not to wear."

Shortly thereafter, a Biography on Robert Downey Jr. I've always loved Robert, but after watching "Chances Are" recently, he's my new favorite actor.
5. Closet? This is my closet. I don't really use it that much, because I have a pretty spacious dresser. I use it to house my posters, (there's quite a few that you can't see) my sewing machine, stuffed animals, bags, sunday clothes, jackets, shoes, etc.

6. Favorite Room? Yes, this is my favorite room in the house. I love the computer. This is where I spend most of my free time. You can't see in this picture, but there's practically a whole library in here. But, despite the books, we still call it "The computer room."


7. Fridge? About 10 times more space than needed.

8. Family Room? The family room is where everyone gathers, talks, reads, watches TV, (not in this picture) warms themselves by the fire, and has F.H.E. I especially like Sunday's when Brandon and Ayrial (and kids) and Dallin and Jamie (and kids) come over. We play games in here, or the boys watch football. I also like when the Ferrara's come over. We could blow the roof with all the talking that goes on in this room when they're here.



This is my favorite spot of the family room: all the portraits of the grandkids.

9. Living Room? This is where I practice piano and cello. Also the most un-lived in room in the house. Kind of ironic.

10. Kitchen? This isn't all of the kitchen, but you get the idea. I love our kitchen... maybe because there's always food?

(That is my school bag modeling on the table. I forgot to put it away.)

11. Favorite Spot? This is my favorite spot in the whole house. I love books, so I love to collect them as well. I probably have 200 books and 50 DVD's (located by the TV) that I either bought or recieved as gifts in the bookshelf. In the corner are knick-knacks, pictures, other useless junk, etc. Can you tell I did the decorating?

12. Outside? The outside is so peaceful and relaxing. This is The Johnson's secret little spot to have private pow wow's, do weanie roasts/S'mores, and read.

We have a pretty extensive backyard, so I couldn't fit everything in here, but this is the hot tub, (perfect place for a date... especially with the red lights) and trampoline over there. I wish you could see the garden. We've had fabulous tomatoes, cucumbers, and squash this year.

The backyard provides us with hours of entertainment.




4 comments:

Ang said...

Genelle - you added some extra places on there. I liked all the pictures, good job!! I think it's funny that your favorite room is the computer room/library! You should have shown more of your bedroom!!!! Love ya!

jenjen said...

I'm glad you did this post! So fun to see!

Carissa J said...

Genelle, I love you but I have to say - You are a total nerd! "Not the fanciest" - Mom and Dad's bathroom is definitely the fanciest bathroom in the house. I love all the pictures of your room, though. I agree with Ang, you should have done more pictures from your room, like the Jacob wall and the knick knacks on your dresser. That would be fun to on this post.

ACTA said...

That looks sooooooo fun!!!!! I hope you look at my blog!!! I have been doing a few stuff. Adri!!!!!!